Align the energy in your home with the energy of the New Year!
The New Year provides a wonderful opportunity for a new beginning—and your home can be the key to a fresh start! Below are five simple steps you can take to shift the energy in your home so that you can maximize the benefits of the New Year.
1. With gratitude and intention, let go of anything that is not loved or useful: now is the time to surround yourself only with the things you love! There is a lot to deal with out in the world, so it is important that you choose to feel good inside your own home. When you choose to live with things that bring you joy, you carry this energy with you, attracting more of the same in your life. Set the bar high and only keep the things that support and reflect your highest vision for yourself and your life in the New Year.
Give away, recycle, or sell anything that is not loved or useful. Express thanks for how these things served you in the past, or for showing you what is no longer working for you in your life. Then give these things away with the intention that they will find a new home and serve someone else. Create space for the things you desire!
This is a great time to declutter holiday decorations! If certain holiday items didn’t make it out of the box this year, then there is a good chance they are not cherished and you can let them go. Before putting holiday items back in storage boxes make sure they are clean and in good repair.
2. Physically clean your home: there is nothing like a good deep clean to uplift the energy in your home! Make sure you clean from the inside out by incorporating cleaning into your decluttering. When you empty the closet, drawer, or shelf to determine what is loved or useful – clean the area before you put the items back.
3. Clear the energy and allow in sunshine and fresh air: Get in the habit first thing in the morning of opening up blinds, drawing back curtains, and allowing in fresh air for at least ten minutes a day. Sunshine and fresh air clear stagnant energy (and improve the indoor air quality.) If you want to go further you can try a space clearing ritual. This is especially helpful if you have already cleared and cleaned your home and something still doesn’t feel quite right. Trust your intuition and try a space clearing.
4. Make a change and rearrange: It can be challenging to create change in our lives when our homes stay the same. For better or worse, our homes anchor beliefs and patterns of behavior. When we make changes to our homes we release old habits and beliefs and pave the way for new ideas and actions. Try rearranging photos or books, the furniture, or place artwork in a different location. Making any kind of change in your home will signal to the universe that you are ready for something new in your life.
5. Appreciate and celebrate: embrace the practice of appreciating your home. Focus your attention on the things you love and use, as well as places of beauty in your home. Make sure you have one focal point of inspiration or beauty in every room in your home. This could be as simple as fresh flowers or a bowl of fruit on the kitchen table or a more involved, curated bookshelf or arrangement of loved objects. Take time throughout your day to “take in” the beautiful places you have created. Think about all the ways your home supports you and all the things you love about your home.
Finally, celebrate! Use and enjoy the things you have chosen to keep. Light a fire in the fireplace or light candles. Put fresh flowers on the table. Use your favorite dishes and cloth napkins. Wear your favorite clothes. Live fully in the present!
We wish you great joy, prosperity, health, and peace in your home and life!
Happy New Year!
Laura and Alison