Inspired Everyday Living is about using your home as a vehicle for self-transformation—as you change your home, you can transform your life.
We’re Laura and Alison—sisters, writers, and co-founders of Inspired Everyday Living. We are the authors of The Peaceful Nursery: Preparing a Home for Your Baby, published by Random House, and Love at Home: The Single Girl’s Guide to Feng Shui and Life Design as well as the guide Laura and Alison’s What You Will Need for a Healthy, Green Baby Nursery. We also recently launched the online course, 5 Practices to Change Your Home & Life.
Over the years, we have consulted with hundreds of clients from New York to LA. We have also contributed to magazines and websites including Natural Home, YogiTimes, Intent.com, and PositivelyPositive.com and have been featured in publications that include The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Traditional Home, C Magazine, Angeleno, Daily Candy, and The Hollywood Reporter. And we’ve had fun appearing on radio and television too (view our press and video clips)!
Laura Forbes Carlin
Laura received a Master’s degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica, and got her Bachelor of Science in Communications from Northwestern University. She also graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui ™ and a Simplicity Parenting™ coach. Laura lives with her husband and two sons.
Alison Forbes Van Hook
Alison has a Masters Degree in Education from Harvard University, and a Bachelor of Arts from Tulane University. She is also a certified Graceful Lifestyles Interior Re-Designer™, a Denise Linn Soul Coach™, and a graduate from the Western School of Feng Shui™. In addition, Alison is a consultant who works with many Los Angeles-based nonprofits. Alison lives with her husband, son and step-son.
Laura and Alison – as kids and now…
Our weekly blog posts, guides, book, and consultations offer practical ideas and tips to transform your home and life. Topics covered include healthy and green living, Feng Shui, simplicity, parenting, clutter clearing and organization, homemaking, decorating, and spirituality in the home.
Much of our work, and way of living, is based on the following beliefs:
– Our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being is connected to the health and well-being of our home.
– You can improve your love life, finances, career and other parts of your life, by changing your home.
– By bringing awareness and intention to everyday tasks there is potential for inspiration in each and every moment.
– Our homes are a reflection of our consciousness.
– Our homes are the foundation upon which we live our lives, therefore we can change our lives by changing our homes.
– We feel most at home and at peace when both our inner- and outer-worlds are aligned.
– The intention and energy that we bring to the process is as, or more, important than the result.
– More and more people are searching for deeper meanings and connections, in their careers, with their friends and family, and within their home. As a result, the traditional notions of a homemaker are being reshaped and redefined as people create and discover their own path to establishing the home and lifestyle of their dreams.
– Decorating with nontoxic, sustainable materials supports our health and the health of the planet. In many ways, our homes are extensions of our bodies and what we put in our homes is as important as what we put in our mouths.
– Home is as much a state-of-being as it is a place.
– Change begins at home!
We are so happy you’ve found us and look forward to connecting with you…
Subscribe to our blog and receive our FREE mini eGuide, “Ten Tips to Transform Your Home and Life Today.”
Book a Consultation (either by phone, or if you live in the LA area, in your home)
Check out our books and course
Visit us on Facebook
Follow us on Pinterest, Vimeo or YouTube
Email us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Wishing you an inspired day!